Monday, January 10, 2011

Two Dilemas...

We decided it was finally time for Paisley to start sleeping in her own bed. I know, she's ten months old. This should have happened a LONG time ago. We put her in her own bed at six months and it worked out great for about a month. But then she and I both got sick and needed to use our ONLY humidifier. So, back in the bed with us she went. It had been that way ever since. After the new year began, we decided to try it again. For almost two weeks now she has been in her own crib, however, she wakes up around 4am and we go ahead and put her in the bed with us. Is this really as bad of a habit as 'they' say it is?

I keep hearing about these babies that can put themselves to sleep in their own bed without being rocked or held. My child is not one of these (rare) babies. We absolutely HAVE to rock her to sleep before we lay her down. I've tried the 'crying it out' method, but the child is relentless! I truly dwon't mind rocking her every night. Don't get me wrong, this is something that I love being able to do while I still can (or she still lets me). The problem is, this has become practically the only way she will go to sleep. Is there another way that will help her 'self soothe'?

"You're not going to leave me in here...are you?!"

"NOOOO! You're not!!"

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love the pictures! When Gracie was about this age, and she may have even been 1 already, we were desperate for her to sleep through the night without waking for a feeding (which she didn't need). We let her "cry it out" and it was horrible, but she got the point after about three or four nights. She's a great sleeper now, unless she's sick. Goood Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete