Monday, May 10, 2010

My Very First Mother's Day


My first Mother's Day will always be unforgettable. Simply because it was my first. Last Mother's day I spent with a heavy heart. It would've been my first, but I (we) had suffered a miscarriage a few months before. If I knew then what I know now, I would've smiled more that day. Because what I didn't know was that I would conceive the following month. Everything happens for a reason and I believe that now more than ever because I was meant to have this beautiful little girl. Every time I look at her, I still cannot believe she's mine.

We spent Mother's Day with my mother & grandmother (and some extended family). My mom cooked a huge delicious breakfast and then we spent the rest of the day in the sun. Paisley absolutely loves taking baths, so we decided that we would try out my parents' hot tub (we turned the temperature way down of course!) to see if she liked it just as much. She did. Watching my big eyed beauty taking it all in and enjoying this huge bathtub :) made my day. Watching her grow each and every day reminds me how much I have to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a beautiful Mother's Day! I knew you would. ;)

    ReplyDelete